COVID-19 Relief Grants
Applications for the Microenterprise Assistance COVID-19 Relief Program will be accepted from May 24, 2021 through June 11, 2021.
Are you eligible?
• Primary operating facility must be located in Bangor
• 5 or fewer full-time equivalent employees
(What is a "full-time equivalent employee?")
• Business owners income is lower than 80% of area media income relative to household size
(View program income limits here)
• Must prove 15% decline in revenue when comparing February, March, April of 2021 to the average monthly revenue for each month of 2019.
• Cannabis businesses, nonprofits, and City department heads and City Council and their immediate family members are not eligible.
• Other required exhibits found in program guidelines.
Microenterprise Assistance COVID-19 Relief Program
The Bangor Microenterprise Assistance COVID-19 Grant Program offers short-term working capital assistance to eligible, for-profit micro-enterprise businesses to enable the viability of the business during the severe interruption directly related to the COVID-19 pandemic and resulting social distancing.
Individual grants are available up to $5,000.
A total of $150,000 is allocated for this program, which is funded through the City of Bangor's Community Development Block Grant Program (CDBG), through funding from the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
To qualify as a micro-enterprise business, a business must have five (5) or fewer full-time equivalent employees, one of which is the owner, at the time of submitting the application, AND must have an annual household income at or below 80% of the HUD Average Area Median Income.
For complete details on the Microenterprise Assistance COVID-19 Relief Program, click HERE
Complete a Microenterprise Assistance COVID-19 Relief Program application HERE
73 Harlow Street, Bangor, ME 04401
Second floor, City Hall
Staff available by appointment
Or via phone or email
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.