1. French/State Streets water and sewer project. For info, please call 207-989-2530.
a. Crews will be working on French Street between State Street and Somerset Street, and Penobscot Street with local traffic only. French and Penobscot Streets are very narrow one-way roads and the work area will be very congested. It is best to avoid this area if possible. If you need to visit this street, crews will assist you to your location. On-street parking will be limited. Please seek direction from signs and flaggers.
b. No work on Park Street this week.
Night work from 7pm to 7am:
Crews will be installing a sewer line on the inbound side of State Street from French Street to Broadway. Follows directions from signs and flaggers.
2. Columbia Street sidewalk project. For info, please call 207-992-4500.
Public Works crews will be working on the sidewalk on the north side of Columbia Street. Some areas will be posted no-parking. Please watch signs for directions.
3. Maine Avenue paving project between Hammond Street and the roundabout. For info, please call 207-735-4042.
Work continues on Maine Avenue from Hammond Street to the roundabout and Hammond Street from Maine Avenue to I-95. Follow directions from signs and flaggers.
4. Bangor Water District water line repair on Mt. Hope Avenue just west of Hogan Road. For info, please call 207-852-5892.
The inbound lane of Mt. Hope Avenue will be closed west of Hogan Road. There will be no right turns from Hogan Road inbound on Mt. Hope Avenue, and no left turns from Hogan Road outbound onto Mt. Hope Avenue. This traffic plan will be in effect for several weeks. Please follow directions from signs.
5. Bangor Water District water line replacement project on Hammond and Union Streets. For info, please call 207-989-2530.
Crews will be installing a new water line on Hammond Street between Union Street and Cedar Street. At times, inbound traffic on Hammond Street will be detoured down Cedar Street to Main Street. Expect delays and please follow directions from flaggers and signs.
Please exercise caution and pay attention when traveling in these areas, as they may be very congested. Thank you for your patience!